Parking & Transport
General transport information, park and ride locations and bus information for White Night Geelong are available here.
A special White Night Geelong Bus Network will operate for White Night Geelong, providing ten (10) routes across the North, South, East and West, travelling to and from the Moorabool Street Hub. Visit the PTV website to view the map.
North/West routes will operate from WNG Bus Stop 01 in Moorabool Street, via:
- Route WN01 – Lara via Nth Geelong & Corio – 30 Mins
- Route WN02 – Purnell Rd via Bell Post Hill & Bell Park Loop – 30 Mins
- Route WN03 – Separation St via Hamlyn Heights & Manifold Heights Loop – 30 Mins
- Route WN10 – Deakin University via Newtown & Highton – 30 Mins
South/East routes will operate from WNG Bus Stops 02 and 03 in Moorabool Street, via:
- Route WN04 – Grovedale via South Geelong, Belmont & Waurn Ponds – 30 Mins
- Route WN05 – Torquay via Latrobe Terrace & Grovedale – 60 Mins
- Route WN06 – Barwon Heads via Marshal & Connewarre – 60 Mins
- Route WN07 – St Albans Park via South Geelong & Whittington – 30 Mins
- Route WN08 – Ocean Grove via East Geelong, Newcombe & Wallington – 60 Mins
- Route WN09 – Drysdale via Portarlington Rd & Clifton Springs – 60 Mins
Buses throughout Geelong will run to their normal timetable until 9pm, however from 4pm there will be road closures in place around the Geelong CBD and access to and from Geelong Station will be restricted.
The following list of Regular Bus services are affected. Further information is available through the Public Transport Victoria website or smart app.
McHarry’s Bus Lines Routes
- Geelong Station – Whittington via Newcomb (Route 30)
- Geelong Station – St Albans Park (Route 31)
- Geelong Station – Leopold (Route 32)
- Geelong Station – Deakin University via Grovedale (Route 41)
- Geelong Station – Deakin University via South Valley Rd (Route 42)
- Geelong Station – Jan Juc via Marshall Station & Fischer St (Route 50)
- Geelong Station – Jan Juc via Marshall Station (Route 51)
- Geelong Station – Ocean Grove via Barwon Heads (Route 55)
- Geelong Station – Queenscliff via Ocean Grove (Route 56)
- Geelong Station – St Leonard’s via Portarlington (Route 60)
- Apollo Bay – Geelong (V/Line)
CDC Geelong Bus Routes
- North Shore Station – Deakin University via Geelong City (Route 1)
- Geelong Station – Corio SC (Route 20)
- Geelong Station – North Shore Station via Anakie Rd (Route 22)
- Geelong Station – North Geelong Station via Newtown (Route 24)
- Geelong Station – Bell Post Hill (Route 25)
- Geelong Station – Deakin University via Highton (Route 43)
There will be three Park & Ride services available for White Night attendees. Services will run from 6pm – 2am. Buses will run every 10 – 15 minutes.
Park & Ride is a free service offering visitors and locals the opportunity to park at any of these locations and take a bus service which will drop off at the Moorabool Street Bus Hub
The Moorabool Bus Hub is located a short walk away from the event precinct between Malop Street and Brougham Street.
Gateway Plaza, Leopold
Passengers are encouraged to enter the car park via Bellarine Hwy. Pick Up & Drop Off location on the eastern side of Clifton Avenue, south of Bunnings. A temporary bus stop will be set up.
Leisurelink Aquatic Recreation Centre, Waurn Ponds
Passengers are encouraged to access the LARC car park via Pioneer Road and Colac Road. The Bus Pick Up & Drop Off location will be located outside the LARC Precinct on Pioneer Road in the existing bus stop, bus stop ID 30769.
Waterworld Leisure Centre, Norlane
Passengers are encouraged to enter the car park via Moa Street. Pick up and drop off location will be on Princess Hwy Service Road.
Regular and additional train services will operate between Southern Cross Station and Geelong Railway Station until 12midnight, with additional trains departing:
Geelong to Melbourne 1at 11:30pm and 12:15am.
Train services between Geelong and Warrnambool will not operate due to rail replacements between Geelong and Warrnambool, and trains will be replaced with Coaches for the entire journey.
V/Line will provide additional coach services via Geelong Railway Station along the following routes until 2am.
- From Geelong to Southern Cross departing Geelong at 01:00am, 02:00am (4)
- From Geelong to Waurn Ponds departing Geelong at 02:00am and
- Standby coaches at Geelong Railway Station (00:00 to 2:00) (3)
Further information is available through the Public Transport Victoria or smart app.
Port Phillip Ferries are operating a special White Night Geelong service.
More information can be found on the Port Philip Ferries Website.
The SafeCity Taxi Rank will operate during the event and is located on the east side of Moorabool Street, between Little Malop and Malop Streets, in front of the Moorabool Street entrance to Market Square.
Parking is limited around the event precinct and attendees are encouraged to make the most of public transport to and from the event.
Limited off-street parking will be available for accessible parking at 13-15 Little Malop Street.
Parking is available on a first-come basis and cannot be reserved.
Parking is limited and attendees are encouraged to make the most of public transport to and from the event or plan to use one of the three Park & Ride services available for White Night attendees.
Limited on and off-street parking is available in the streets surrounding the event.
All activations will be accessible all evening from 7pm until 1am allowing great flexibility to manage your White Night experience.