Kids at White Night
White Night Geelong is a magical night out for the whole family. But just in case, here’s what to do if a little one gets lost in the crowd.
White Night is a great event for kids, but it’s important to have a plan in place in case you get separated. Even if you’re familiar with the precinct crowds can make it difficult to keep a constant eye on your little ones.
Before the event:
- Talk to your children about what they should do if they can’t find you
- Tell them to look for a White Night staff member – preferably a security guard – or to go to the nearest Service Hub
When you arrive:
- Show your child what White Night security guards and staff look like so they can find them if they need to
- Take a photo of your child at the start of the event so you can show White Night security / staff if necessary
- Wristbands and non-toxic markers will be available at Service Hubs and from guest services staff
- Write your mobile phone number on your child’s wristband or arm (do not include your name) so that if you and your child become separated White Night security / staff will be able to reunite you as quickly as possible
What to do if your child is lost
If you can’t find your child, speak to a White Night security guard or staff member immediately. They will coordinate with the police and other White Night staff to look for your child.
Losing your child can be distressing, but it’s important to follow any instructions from White Night security/staff so that you can be reunited with your child as quickly as possible.
What to do if you find a lost child
If you find a child who is lost, talk to them and reassure them in case their parent or caregiver is nearby and searching for them. Please notify a White Night security guard or staff member as soon as you can. If possible, send someone to get help and stay with the child until they arrive.