Andrew Walsh AM
Project Director / Executive Producer / Artistic Director
Posed with a great theatrical sense, Andrew has extensive experience creating, directing and managing large-scale events throughout the world. In an extensive career that commenced in Melbourne in the late 1970s, Andrew has been continuously employed in the arts sector working for major performing arts companies, touring with international stars and directing hundreds of productions and events. In 1988 he established Accolade Event Management as a vehicle to produce and manage a vast array of projects.
Most recently, Andrew was the Artistic Director for Australian Pavilion Expo. Some of his previous experience includes:
• Sovereign Hill New Sound and Light Show – Artistic Director
• White Night Melbourne 2013 – 2016 – Artistic Director
• Australia Day Spectacular 2012 -2014 – Creative Director / Producer
• Athens Special Olympics World Summer Games 2011 – Ceremonies Executive Producer
• Melbourne Commonwealth Games 2006 – Executive Producer/ Creative Director, Opening & Closing Ceremonies
• Athens Olympic Games 2004 – Executive Producer, Opening & Closing Ceremonies
• Rugby World Cup 2003 – Director of Ceremonies
• Sydney Olympics 2000, Sydney Skyline Spectacular – Producer / Creative Director
• Australia Day Spectacular 1990 – 2004 – Producer / Creative Director
In 2012, Andrew was appointed inaugural Artistic Director and CEO of White Night Melbourne, which in its first year won a prestigious Helpman Award. Andrew was awarded the Centenary Medal in 2001 for contribution to Australian society at the beginning of the millennium and was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in the 2006 Queens Birthday honours.
Andrew Walsh AM, Artistic Director